Why label rather than engrave?
Engraving has these disadvantages:
• engraving cannot be read digitally;
• the engraving cannot be passed on to the new owner;
• A Belgian national register number is not recognized abroad;
• Only metal bicycles can be engraved (not possible with carbon);
• No use of the National Register number without permission of the FPS Home Affairs;
• the bike loses the warranty for the manufacturer due to the engraving.
In addition, engraving can also be removed using the correct filler and paint.
A frame number on a bicycle can also be falsified. In addition, there is a problem that the frame numbers are not always placed in the same place